After yesterday's long, boring, and negative post, I thought I should post something positive as soon as possible.
Today, I finally decided I could no longer wait around for answers from my manager, so I began to ask others for help in the initial setup/training of our new team member. I think he must have found out, because suddenly this afternoon he became very helpful and friendly again! Anyway, to make a long story short (which by now you all know I am not good at that), today I actually got some things accomplished! I called the HP help desk and found a work around for her access, we called another manager at HP to get the short-cut for her new access card, and I volunteered to take care of her badge process tomorrow morning. On top of that, I set up her training sessions at HP for next week, and still managed to get two docs out for review today!
In the end, she was very "impressed" with me, and said I was "spoiling" her. On top of that, my manager saw that I was stepping up and handling things so he did not have to. Hopefully, it made a good impression on both of them.
Though it is not much, it is something I am proud of, and I feel much better having accomplished this small task!
0 comments:
Post a Comment