



What a birthday!I feel like we have been celebrating all week long.
Sunday night we went to The Aquarium with my family to celebrate (as described in a previous post).
Tuesday night, Jesse went to a friend's house for bible study, so I was able to go get his cake, go pick up his present, get it wrapped, and clean up the house.
Wednesday morning, I woke up at 5:15 am to make blueberry and banana nut muffins for breakfast. This is a big deal, because I never make breakfast, much less at 5:15 in the morning! I put a candle in one of the muffins and made him blow out the birthday candle and make a wish. He says he hates that cheesy stuff, but it did get a grin out of him, and that's all I wanted.
When he came home from work, he saw the stack of presents (you can see in the first picture). He immediately guessed what it was, though he did seem surprised by it. We spent the next hour putting his grill together. Jesse never gets overly excited about anything, but he seemed happy with it. Then to top it all off, his new Adidas shoes arrived a day early, and they fit perfectly! I think that got the biggest smile of all. His parents and our sister-in-law and nephew (Gina & Elijah) came over and helped us celebrate Wednesday night with hamburgers, salad, fruit salad, and cookie cake for dessert. It was a fun night.
Thursday night, we had friends come over to help celebrate. Chase and Rebecca, Hayden and Lauren, and Thomas all came over, and we grilled chicken breasts, with wild rice, green beans, salad, and strawberry shortcake for dessert (and leftover cookie cake). It was a very nice night to sit out on the patio, listening to music, hanging out with friends, and enjoying good food.
Tonight, we are going over to his family's house to celebrate with all his brothers/sisters/parents/grandma. I believe we are having pork tenderloin (yum), so another good night of food and fun company!
Talk about a week of celebration and good food! The diet starts again Sunday!!!
Happy Birthday Jesse; I hope you have enjoyed the week, and realize that so much celebrating comes out of the overflow of so much love for YOU! I love you babe, and I hope it was a special for you, as you are to me!
3 comments:
HeY Mel.... I like the way yall celebrate....please mark your calender with my birthday...November 27th!! HAHA
LOL- Will do!
You sure do know how to throw a good birthday celebration! I like muffins, too! =)
Post a Comment