It seemed like within a week, whoa, he was bigger! He has started showing progress on his developmental milestones as well.
Pushing himself up while on his tummy...
Reaching out for objects and focusing on things...
Holding his head upright for longer amounts of time...
Focusing on people and interacting by smiling and cooing...
Stretching out his naps and feedings...even in his "big boy" bed in his room...
He really is the sweetest little guy ever. His digestive system seems much better, so that has to help make him feel better and be all-around happier. He is a great nurser, and though I imagine he is just going to be a spitter forever, he is not puking or projectile spitting anymore (knock on wood). He burps more now, rather than immediately spitting, which means we are getting more successful at getting out the air bubbles and not the milk! He is getting a little bit chunkier and has the cutest little double-chin ever. Those rolls make me smile so much, because I know he is getting what he needs from me and is finally putting on some weight. Way to go, Wesley!
I must admit, the fact that he is interacting with us much more now certainly helps. Last night he was UP, wide awake for about an hour and a half after his feeding. But, when he is sitting there smiling and "talking" to me, how can I be upset? It is too stinkin' cute! The other night while I was fixing dinner, Jesse was sitting with him, and Wesley was just talking his head off! Jesse and I were both laughing so hard, because though Wesley occasionally coos, he previously had not held conversation!!! HA! It was as if at the end of the day, he was griping at Daddy, telling him all about his day...probably something along the lines of, "I'm soo happy to see you! You have no idea what it is like all day with these silly girls!" Jesse was eating it up. Even now, Wesley smiles and talks more to him than he does to me. It's the man bonding. Super cute.
This week also marked a definitive proof of growth. I started packing up the newborn clothes and pulled out the three month clothes. Yes, most of them are still pretty big on him, but the newborns were getting too small. I also bought my first pack of size 1 diapers for our little man.
Time is flying by! He will be two months old tomorrow. Where did it go?
We have two-month appointment (complete with immunizations- yikes!) next week. I'll be interested to see his weight gain ~ I think he is doing great! Growing like a little weed. A cute little weed.
2 comments:
he is super cute! you make pretty babies, ma'am ;)
I can't wait for the day when I get to experience this too!!! =)
Post a Comment