Tuesday, July 28, 2009

30 weeks

As of today, I am 30-weeks along. Some days it feels like we just found out yesterday...others days, I look down at my growing belly and wonder how in the world it will continue to grow for 10 more weeks!! YIKES!

I drive back to Houston tomorrow for another doctor's visit. We have begun the bi-monthly visits, which get old after awhile, if I'm being honest. But, I am thankful that they keep such a close watch on the little one, and make sure that the pregnancy is progressing as normal. This pregnancy these appointments will be even more crucial, especially as the end draws closer, to make sure we know exactly what is going on with my body. I do not want to spontaneously go into labor in the middle of the night and have to make the drive to Houston!!

Baby Boy Shulse seems similar to his big sister in many ways. He loves to move around, kick, stretch, and frequently gets the hiccups. Of course, this mainly occurs when I lay down to go to sleep at night or when I'm driving in the car. I'm also quite certain, that again like Ryleigh, this little one will have a head full of hair, because my heartburn and acid reflux are every bit as irritating this go around. Tums are my friend.
Baby Boy already seems to love his big sister. I have noticed lately that when she is playing and squealing with laughter and enthusiasm, he starts kicking. It is as if he is saying, "I'm ready to play too, Ryleigh!" She seems equally excited about him; hugging and kissing my belly and saying hi to "baby budda." The first time she took a sticker and stuck it to my belly, saying, "one for baby budda," I almost cried. I have no doubt that these two will be a hand full for Mommy and Daday, but also a fun duo who love each other and are the best of friends.

Oh! Guess what else? I got the new nursery bedding today! I had ordered online last week; the first thing shipped to my new home address. It arrived today, and thankfully Jesse still liked it. (He has a habit of saying he likes something, and then once it gets home, no longer liking it so much.) We still have plenty of time to work on the nursery, but it was exciting nonetheless to get it today. And before you ask, yes, I promise to post pictures once the room is complete.

Speaking of pictures, you have all been twisting my arm for a belly shot. Well, my camera is broken, so I have not taken any belly shots since the belly became...well, a belly. AND, as an honest disclaimer, this picture was taken at 28 weeks, the day of Susan's wedding. It's the closest I can come up with.
That was the week that I noticed the biggest change in the belly. It grew pretty big that week. No telling if it was all the yummy food from the wedding, or what, but wow, I was blown away when I woke up every morning!! The growth has slowed down a bit now, but I'm still a nervous wreck about how much bigger it is going to get. This baby is growing straight out, not so much side to side, and I don't know how far my skin will stretch. I guess time will tell. Palmers Cocoa Butter is applied daily, and so far, so good. Again, time will tell!

So there ya have it. 30-weeks along, and still growing on schedule. We still have awhile to go, but something tells me that October 6 will get here before we know it!

2 comments:

Julie said...

aunt julie loves baby shulse #2!!

rhilborn said...

I know everyone is different but I have heard, and it seems to be true, that you grow out more with boys and more side to side with girls. It was at least true with her son and daughter respectively. So, I was all out with Ethan and I am happily rebounded. Hopefully that's comforting:).