Thank you all for your kind words, encouragement and support, and prayers these past few days.
The surgery Thursday went very well. Once they gave him the relaxer, he immediately chilled out and does not remember anything afterwards. We stayed in recovery for a few hours; long enough to make sure he was tolerating the medication okay, had no complications from the procedure, and was able to drink juice on his own. He was pretty out-of-it during that time, which allowed me some time to make a few phone calls, fill his prescription, and get everything ready. Once the doctor released him, they removed his IV, got him in the wheelchair, and helped me load him into the car. Honestly, he could have done it himself (he was awake by that point), but I guess it is standard procedure to help.
We stopped on the way home and bought a large smoothie from Smoothie King, which Jesse feasted on for the next two days.
He slept on and off that first afternoon, but overall, felt really good. Friday and Saturday was more of the same. He was talking, attempted eating some soft foods, and was surprised at how good he felt.
Sunday morning, he began to feel some discomfort. His throat was tight and dry, and he had a harder time swallowing. So Ryleigh and I headed to church for the morning, and he stayed home and got some more rest. By the time we got home, he met us in the driveway, smiling and feeling good again.
This whole time, I was thinking, this has got to be too good to be true...there is no way everyone warned us for nothing...
Sure enough, Monday rolled around. And Jesse was hurting. Badly. And he was almost out of his pain medication. I started calling at 8:30 am trying to get it refilled....we finally got it refilled at 5:30 pm. Needless to say, we had a miserable man! Then to top off our night, when we got home from getting it refilled (about 45 minutes from our house...UGH...another story, I wont get in to), he was hungry and nauseous. I went to get him some Wonton Soup, that he has enjoyed since surgery. My car died. I had to call him and ask him to come jump me. He came, we tried to jump it, to no avail. Then Ryleigh started having a major breakdown, and Jesse sent me home with her, while I called my dad to meet Jesse up there. Poor guy.
Today has been the worst yet. He is not talking at all, barely drinking anything, and certainly not eating anything. He has been sleeping or sitting in the bath tub- very unlike Jesse.
His post-op visit is tomorrow morning, so we will see what she says. I think he is doing awesome, and I'm sure this is to be expected, as the wounds scab over and come off. (Sorry for the TMI.) All in all, it could be a lot worse, and we are thankful for all the good that has come thus far.
Please continue to pray for his recovery. Thanks!
1 comments:
I work with Smoothie King, and I am glad to see you are enjoying our smoothies! I wanted to let you know about our new coffee and mo’cuccino smoothies – the company is giving away 20 oz. sizes for FREE on Thursday, Sept. 18 from open until 10:30 a.m.
Check www.smoothieking.com for the location nearest you, and feel free to RSVP on the Facebook page: http://www.new.facebook.com/event.php?eid=23786273317&ref=ts.
Post a Comment