Monday, August 10, 2009

Hmmm...food for thought

I was bored this morning and started looking up random things on the Internet. Do you ever do that? C'mon, I know you do.

My search started on reviews of a Christian book I just finished reading. For those interested, Rocking the Roles by Lewis & Hendricks was a great book, and one I would definitely recommend to anyone who is married, has been married, or wants to get married. It might be my new gift to all engaged couples I know.

Anyway, so after reading a few commentaries and reviews, I moved on. My new search led me to home decorating tips. Hmmm. Fun, but oh-so-much $$$!!

Next, I looked up Playhouse Disney's Fall schedule, wondering if Little Einsteins would be returning, since Ryleigh was thoroughly engrossed in one of their movies at the time.

Which led me to think about my show: Grey's Anatomy! We still do not have any kind of cable hooked up at our new house, and so I've been completely out-of-the-loop with all shows, news, you name it. It has been good, being productive, reading, playing on the floor with Ryleigh, etc, and to be honest, I have not missed it much. BUT, I also know that Grey's should be starting up again sometime in the Fall, and then I will definitely want to know what is going on!! (Yes, I am addicted and need help.)

Okay, so I'm on the Grey's website (the season premiere is Thursday, September 24, for those interested), and I see one of those online quizzes you can take to find out which character you are most like on the show. I was intrigued. Honestly, I don't know who I think I'm most like. There is not one clear cut personality on the show that I totally fit. So, I took the quiz to find out who they think I'm most like. This was my result:

You are Cristina!

Very few people have, or can understand, the sheer determination and drive that propels you, but you’re just as fiercely protective of your friends as you are of your own hopes and dreams. If they’re smart, your friends already know that. They also know that you’re more vulnerable than you seem and are only glad to offer a shoulder to cry on.
Hmmm, am I like Cristina? There are times in my life when I am very driven and focused. I do feel propelled to excel in certain areas of life, and can try to appear less-vulnerable on the outside than I really am. Of course, I am protective of my family and friends, and I think they all know that about me. So, am I Cristina?

In the show, she comes across calloused, cold, and unswerving in her beliefs. She is meticulous and controlling, never allowing for spontaneity or much humor. She is a good friend, one who speaks the truth in all circumstances, having no problem laying her thoughts out there for anyone/everyone to see.
Is that me? Is that a good thing? Or a bad thing? Should I have wanted to be Meredith, who is a dreamer, tends to bring chaos into her own life and has a hard time trusting people? Should I want to be Izzy, who is everyone's friend and seldom focuses on herself?

Food for thought, brought to you by Grey's Anatomy. See? Who says television cannot help us probe into ourselves and make us think?

1 comments:

Susan Burns said...

melody this is sooo funny, im totally izzy, i didnt quiz it but i know for sure im izzy