Well, life changed when we graduated from college, found job, bought a house, and had a baby. Jesse was not spending nearly the amount of time riding, and quite honestly did not enjoy it as much because he was uncomfortable. He sold his bike and all the extras to a friend of ours who is slightly taller than Jesse, and the bike fit him perfectly.
I had thought this was the end of the bike riding era...I should have known better. A few months back, another one of Jesse's friends got into the sport. He put the bug in Jesse's ear, talking about how the three guys could go ride together, on quiet highways on Sundays after church. For those of you who know Jesse, you know that once he gets "the bug" for something, it is only a matter of time before he gives in.
So, the Sunday we left for the cruise, we went by the bike shop and put a deposit on the bike Jesse wanted-- never guaranteeing that we would be back to purchase it. When we got home from the cruise, Jesse started asking me...seriously, every. single. day. Finally after three or four days, I said, "Babe, we have talked about this several times. You already know how I feel. But you clearly have your mind made up, so go do it." (I just thought he should wait a month, since his birthday is in May! No waiting in this family- haha!) No joke, that afternoon he left work and went and paid the rest. All he wanted was "approval," or more specifically, me telling him what he wanted to hear, and it was a done deal.
Jesse has since gone riding both weekends, and really loves his new bike. I'm happy he likes to stay active, running and riding his bike. However, we have since bought a new helmet, new riding jersey, and new shoe "clips"...so happy early birthday, Jesse!
Ryleigh wanted to help Dad...


0 comments:
Post a Comment